Software Engineering Internship Summer 2022
Naval Nuclear Laboratory has internship opportunities for college students to spend the summer of 2022 getting great work experience, in great locations, supporting the world's greatest navy.
NNL Summer Technical Internships offer you an immersive professional experience in your field of study. You have the opportunity to work directly with world class engineers, scientists, researchers, and technicians who will provide you with real-world experience and mentorship. We work with state-of-the-art techniques researching and developing new technologies and concepts; designing and testing software, components or integrated systems; developing models and performing data analysis; supporting operations and developing process controls and procedures. At NNL you are a part of a team working on deliverables that have a direct impact on the Navy’s nuclear fleet.
Program Perks include:
- Final presentation to management, peers, and other NNL employees
- Meet directly with NNL General Manager and Executive Leadership
- Partnership with a mentor
- Opportunity to tour local NNL site facilities*
- Trip to a Naval Shipyard for a guided tour*
- Extensive networking opportunities
NNL offers an outstanding Compensation and Benefits package for interns which includes:
- Competitive Salary
- Defined Contribution Retirement Plans:
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Capital Accumulation Plan (CAP) with company contribution
- Flexible work schedules and 9/80 work schedule option (every other Friday off)
- Stipend for qualified applicants
The NNL Internship is a minimum 10 week program starting in May/June 2022.
An internship position may result in a return internship or full-time employment offer upon successful completion of the program.
*Some perks may change based on COVID-19 Pandemic guidelines at time of internship
REQUIRED SKILLS *
Candidates for Software Engineering internship positions must be:
- pursuing Software or related BS, MS and/or PhD engineering degrees from an accredited college or university
- completing at least their freshman year by May 2022
- continuing in a degree program immediately after this internship
Please upload your most recent transcript with your application.
- Cumulative minimum GPA 3.0/4.0
- Demonstrated experience working with group projects or teams
- Prior related internship, co-op or work experience (paid or volunteer)
- Demonstrated involvement in extracurricular activities i.e. professional societies, academic clubs, organizations, honor societies, diversity groups, community service organizations/events, sports teams, residence life programs.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Department of Energy (DOE), Department of Defense (DOD) or Naval Nuclear Program experience