Summer Co-op/Technical Process Engineer
Description of Department:
The Technical department within GSK’s Oak Hill Consumer Healthcare manufacturing facility is made of up scientists and engineers that are responsible for ensuring processes are robust, safe and efficient. We are also responsible for the effective introduction of new processes and products to the supply chain by working closely with R&D and other Consumer Healthcare manufacturing facilities.
We are seeking a student for a 6-month internship who is interested in working at a high volume GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) facility and evaluating/improving manufacturing process performance. Key responsibilities would include:
- Leading data collection & analysis efforts to determine potential areas for manufacturing process improvement
- Supporting technical studies and investigations to resolve any processing issues (root cause analysis and corrective/preventative actions)
- Managing visual compliance metrics and communicating trends to impacted team members
- Authoring and updating Batch Records, SOPs, and other technical documents
- Pursuing a BS degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, or related field
- Must be able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the 4-12 month co-op.
- Must have an active student status and/or within 12 months post-graduation from a BS or MS degree program. Post-doctoral candidates are not eligible.
- Candidate with previous internship experience in pharmaceutical, consumer health, chemical, oil/gas or food industry
- Basic understanding of working in a GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment
- Basic knowledge of chemical unit operations
- Candidate familiar with basic statistical concepts
- Successfully pass a drug screen and background check prior to assignment target start date.
- Provide your own funding for relocation and commuting.