2021 Summer/Fall Procurement-Co-op - Marketing
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
•First line responder; pivots between strategy and operations.
•Execute against larger category strategies and work with the guidance of operations and strategic category leaders.
•Manages Agreements, SOWs, RFx, and ordering documents while assisting with supplier selections.
•Performs value analysis on costs and supplier quotes.
•Recommends process improvements to streamline for efficiencies.
•Manages day-to-day supply issues. Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures. Communicates pertinent information to both internal customers and suppliers to keep apprised and to prevent problems.
•Supports PO conversion, non-transactional and some negotiations, with PO approval authority up to $199,999.
•Communicate issues to leadership while driving for resolution.
•Access technology and tools to effectively perform.
•Supports Ops issues and drives invoice error resolution and lead resolution on issues and invoice error.
•Adhere to operational support service level agreements
Enable supplier integration and KPIs.
•PO change management and communicate trends of changes
•Drive value and lead savings outcomes while collaborating with various functions.
•Create and implement RFPs; lead RFPs as well as small projects.
•Ability to work with various legal and business functions to execute Master Service Agreements and Statements of Work between Abbott and suppliers.
- Implement agreed purchasing strategies for category. Seek and support business relationships with diverse suppliers. Meet regularly with divisional customers and support functions to ensure good customer satisfaction and continuous improvement.
Exhibit cultural awareness with foreign business entities. Seek, develop, and maintain business relationships with suppliers, clients and customers.
Performs routine professional-based activities and contribute to and manage some projects. Communicate with appropriate departments to clarify request and obtain appropriate supporting documentation for the purchase.
•Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
•Takes ownership and fulfills goals established by the Regional Procurement Operations Managers and Category Management
•Drives innovative ways to maintain and improve procurement processes, cycle times, total acquisition costs, and customer service levels.
•Executes against the goals set by the Regional Managers
•Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional policies and procedures
Required/Desired Skills /Qualifications:
•Proficient in Microsoft Office
•Career focused in Supply Chain, Procurement, Contracting, strategic sourcing, Engineering and/or Pre-Law
•Strong Communication, written and verbal
•Strong interdisciplinary, influence, and networking skill
Hours per week: 40 hours/ week
- Co-op—Typically a 6- to 8-month, 2 semester, full-time assignment
- Each year, Abbott has Co-ops on assignment at multiple business locations
- Students receive learning experiences and meaningful work that challenge and reward, working on projects that directly align to our company’s mission
- Co-ops work at Abbott sites across the United States
YOUR EXPERIENCE(S), EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Eligible students must be currently enrolled in the school year of the assignment and the semester following their assignment.
- Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited undergraduate or graduate engineering program
- GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Candidate must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the 6 month Co-op session
- Students must be able to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
YOUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
- Rising juniors or graduate students preferred
- Strong marketing coursework or previous marketing internship experience