Goshen Bookkeeping & Consulting (GBC) is a boutique accounting and consulting firm whose mission is to empower, educate, and transform nonprofits and service-based small businesses to build sustainable profits.
The word Goshen (pronounced GOH-shu-uh-n) means growth and is at the core of everything we do. Our team wears multiple hats in helping our clients connect the dots between mission, people, technology, and accounting.
Financials do not drive our mission; relationships do. 90% of the time, the conversations we have with clients are not about financials. They are about the everyday problems and challenges they encounter with operations. And our goal is to provide the reassurances and resources they need to thrive.
We pride ourselves on doing the work right the first time and provide high-quality service to our clients. We are a 100% remote workplace, so team members must be self-motivated, organized, love technology, have a teacher mindset for continuous learning and be effective communicators.
If you rely on paper to do your day-to-day function, this is probably not a good fit. We are a firm of the future that is paperless and love using technology to manage our workflows.
We are fearlessly committed to social justice and racial inclusion, and you should be too. Our clients are as committed as we are, and you must be comfortable having conversations about things that are uncomfortable for many people.
We are looking for an accounting intern that loves accounting puzzles and has a problem-solving mindset in finding solutions to clients' complex problems. Our ideal candidate is eager to learn and will create high-quality client interactions and experiences for our clients, instilling confidence using deep customer empathy.
The intern will be adaptable, resourceful, tech-savvy, and a strong team player. They will have a keen eye for detail and a commitment to embracing cloud technology.
This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer. The intern will gain hands-on accounting experience with opportunities for professional development.
- Correspond with clients on documentation needed, collecting documentation, storing and filing business receipts, formatting documents, and monitoring an email inbox
- Perform some Accounts Receivable (A/R) and Accounts Payable functions such as following up emails, client action items, and data entry transactions into an accounting system
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications, attending educational workshops, and establishing personal networks
- Work closely with the CEO, operations team, accounting team, and other client leaders to update finances
- Perform special projects as needed and requested
Experience and Skills
- Intern must be working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in accounting or a related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 preferred
- Experience with technology such as LastPass, Zoom, MS Office, G-Suite
- Strong customer service skills - ability to interact with customers through video and audio tools in a way that is professional and friendly
- Ability to adapt and work efficiently in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail are required, as well as a track record of reliability, confidentiality, and conscientious work habits
- Have reliable high-speed internet and cellphone
- Must be able to work primarily during regular business hours - Monday through Friday (Eastern Time)
• Company laptop, virtual phone line, and office supplies
• Professional growth and development opportunities with ongoing training
If this internship sounds like an excellent fit for you, we want to talk to you. If you meet at least 70% of the criteria above, please apply.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter answering the following questions along with your resume.
- What is your favorite non-accounting app, and why?
- What is your personal mission?
- What is your learning style? (e.g., tactile, verbal, visual)
- Tell us about a time when you received critical feedback and how you dealt with it.
WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICANTS LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THIS TIME.