Mechanical Integrity Fall Co-op (Belle)
Chemours is seeking a Mechanical Integrity Co-op to join our Operations team! This position will report directly to the Manufacturing Technology Manager.
The Mechanical Integrity and Quality Assurance (MIQA) Improvement Initiative is a short-term, business-critical project across Chemours US plant locations that is fulfilled through university talent. As a Mechanical Integrity co-op, you will work on time-sensitive projects and tasks playing a key role in advancing the MIQA position for the manufacturing unit.
Effective mechanical integrity interns and co-ops will have the ability to work autonomously with minimal guidance and communicate with impact.
Location: Belle, WV
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Term: August-December 2021
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Data mining using the Chemours SAP maintenance management system and process equipment records
- Evaluating various mechanical and electrical equipment types for improvements against industry best practices
- Working closely with senior Mechanical and Chemical staff engineers to study Process Safety Management (PSM) Criticality and update the site PSM Criticality Database
- Developing and/or implementing Mechanical Integrity inspection and testing programs
- Reviewing and analyzing field data gathered from field examinations
- SAP data entry and correction of equipment records to meet minimum engineering documentation standards
The following is required for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a Junior or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar fields
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
The following is preferred for this role:
- Previous internship or co-op experience in chemicals industry
- Ability to read and comprehend P&ID’s, isometric drawings, and equipment drawings
- Prior experience with SAP
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018-2019—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible
At Chemours, you will find sustainability in our vision, our business and your future. If you want to work on the leading edge of your field and have a desire to make a difference, join Chemours and discover what it means when we say “We Are Living Chemistry”.