Mechanical Engineer - Product Development (Masters & Doctorate Level Opportunities)
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
While virtually every nationality, culture, and background are currently represented within Applied Materials, we strive for a more robust Culture of Inclusion (COI) and diversity. Leveraging our COI vision helps drive innovation, build organizational capabilities, create equal opportunities for everyone, and achieve our company’s Definition of Winning.
Fluid Components Center of Excellence (FC COE) is a centralized unit with end-to-end responsibilities with respect to chemical delivery components, focusing on new products/solutions development and leading the community of practice. These components are critical to the efficient operation of our tools across all segments. FC COE is actively recruiting for a Product Development Engineer in the fluids and thermal engineering domain at our Santa Clara, CA headquarters.
End-to-end responsibility for critical fluid components in a Design Engineering Authority (DEA) role
- Development and qualification of new fluid components and innovative gas/vapor delivery solutions
- Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering tests at the component/sub-system level
- Work with suppliers on product specification, determination, validation, and OEM components improvement
- Problem identification and troubleshooting on a wide range of complex field issues
- Develop test stands and test methodologies for critical components testing
- Work in close coordination with cross-functional teams on system integration, startup, and product life cycle management
- In-depth knowledge of fluid and thermal engineering and related applications
- Systematic, innovative thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on experience of test bench setup and automation
- Strong data analysis skills
- Quick learner, effective team player
- Knowledge and experience of sensors characterization, integration, and control preferred
- Direct working experience of gas/vapor delivery components and systems in the Semiconductor and/or Chemical Industry is a plus
- Masters/Ph.D. Degree in Mechanical/Mechatronics Engineering or related field
- Ticker: Nasdaq: AMAT
- Fiscal 2020 Revenue: $17.2 billion
- Fiscal 2020 R&D: $2.2 billion
- Founded: November 10, 1967
- Headquarters: Santa Clara, California
- Global Presence: 93 locations in 17 countries
- Manufacturing: China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Singapore, Taiwan, United States
- Employees: ~24,000 worldwide
- Patents: ~13,300 issued
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.