Transportation Security Specialist (Cyber Analyst) Recent Graduate
Job Opportunity Announcement for a Recent Graduate Position for Information Technology Specialist (INFOSEC) under TSA’s Transportation Security Post Graduate Program. Please click the link to view the announcement on USAJOBS. This job is only open to Recent Graduates (within last two years or graduating by June 2021 ), see announcement for further information.
RECENT GRADS MUST APPLY THROUGH USAJOBS.GOV TO BE CONSIDERED. Must apply to this link to be considered: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/602479300#requirements
Transportation Security Specialist (Cyber Analyst)
Announcement Number: HQ-OS-PPE-21-001028-P
Salary: $56,940 to $131,239 per year
Series & Grade: 1801 G/H/I Band
Location(s): Springfield, VA
Open Period: Closes on midnight 6/7/2021
Department: Department Of Homeland Security
Agency: Transportation Security Administration
Position Info: Full Time – 1 Year Developmental Appointment with potential for conversion to Permanent Position.
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens, nationals
This Job is open to: Recent Graduates – Individuals who have graduated from an accredited educational institute within the last 2 years or 6 years for veterans.
See job announcement on USAJOBS for complete details including QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS. Partial information provided below.
- Do you desire to protect American interests and secure our Nation while building a meaningful and rewarding career? If so, the Department of Homeland Security is calling. DHS Components work collectively to safeguard cyberspace, prevent terrorism, secure borders, enforce and administer immigration laws and ensure resilience to disasters. The vitality and magnitude of this mission is achieved by a diverse workforce spanning hundreds of positions. Make an impact, join DHS.
- The DHS Secretary's Cyber Honors Program is specifically designed for recent graduates and graduating Spring/Summer 2021 students, pursuing a degree in a cyber-related field. Elements of the program include, but are not limited to:
- Cyber-related projects and/or experiences
- Program Orientation
- Networking Events
- Tours of DHS Cyber facilities
- Cyber Panels and Events, including sessions with cyber leaders and executives
- Job Shadowing and Reflections
- Participant Training Plan
- Mentoring partnerships
- Dedicated cohort program manager to increase cohesion and provide assistance to participants
- Organizational Location: This position is with the Department of Homeland Security, within Transportation Security Administration (TSA) located in Springfield, VA.
- Transportation Security Post Graduate Program
- APPOINTMENT - If selected, your temporary appointment may not exceed 1 year. An appointment may be extended for up to 120 days in rare or unusual circumstances.
- AGREEMENT: All participants must sign a written Post Graduate Program Participant Agreement with the TSA that clearly identifies expectations of the appointment such as duties, length of appointment, work schedule, training, mentorship, etc.
- CONVERSION: Although it is not guaranteed, an intern may be converted from the Post Graduates Program to a permanent or term excepted service position without further competition after successful completion of the required training, mentorship, and other requirements in accordance with the Transportation Security Post Graduate participant agreement.
- TERMINATION: Participation in this program may be terminated at any time.
- TRANSCRIPTS: Must be submitted. If you do not submit your transcripts, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be given further consideration.
- Transportation Security Post Graduate Program applicants must have completed, within the previous two years, a qualifying associate's, bachelor's, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution. Applications will also be accepted from students graduating by June 2021.
- Exception to the 2 year application eligibility requirement: Veterans who have a military service obligation will have up to six years from degree or certificate completion to apply to Recent Graduates job vacancies.
Conditions of Employment
- You must possess U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. National You must have reached the minimum age (18) at the time of application. Selective Service registration is required. See additional "Conditions of Employment" and "Other Information" sections. You must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance. Applicants who obtained a qualifying associates, bachelors, master's, professional, doctorate, vocational or technical degree or certificate from a qualifying educational institution within the previous 2 years, unless military service interfered with a veterans eligibility to apply during that two year time frame. Veterans meeting the above exclusion may apply within 2 years of discharge or 6 years from the date of receipt of the degree whichever comes first.
- Conditions of Employment
- Selected participants are appointed into an excepted service appointment under the Post Graduate Program and required to serve a one year trial period, and will be evaluated for conversion eligibility into a term or permanent appointment in the excepted service at the end of one year of continuous service, in addition, to meeting all the requirements of the Post Graduate Program.
- Incumbent must obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
- Selective Service: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- Applying to this announcement certifies that you give permission for DHS to share your application with others in DHS for similar positions.
- Qualifying Educational Institutions
- Any of the following educational institutions or curricula that have been accredited by an accrediting body recognized by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education:
- Technical or vocational school
- 2-year or 4-year college or university
- Graduate or professional school (e.g., law school, medical school)
- Certificate Programs
- A certificate program is post-secondary education, in a qualifying educational institution, equivalent to at least one academic year of full-time study that is part of an accredited college-level, technical, trade, vocational or business school curriculum.
- Veterans’ Preference
- Are you a veteran? You must provide acceptable documentation of your preference or appointment eligibility. The member 4 copy of your DD214, "Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty," is preferable. If claiming 10 point preference, you will need to submit a Standard Form (SF-15), "Application for 10-point Veterans' Preference." If applying based on eligibility under the Veterans Opportunity to Work (VOW) Act, you must submit certification from the Armed Forces that you will be discharged or released from active duty within 120 days from the date on the certification. This must indicate your dates of service, your rank, and confirm that you will be separated under honorable conditions. View more veterans’ information.
- Veterans’ preference applies to selection for positions in the Post Graduate Program. Selections must be made in accordance with the requirements of 5 CFR part 302, veterans’ preference laws.
- Salary range listed includes Locality Pay of 30.48%
- This position is located in Springfield, VA.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) expenses are not authorized.
- Relocation expenses are not authorized.
- More than one position may be filled from this announcement.
- If you are entering TSA employment on an appointment without time limitations, you must serve a basic trial period unless you have already met the requirement.
- TSA policy requires verification of Selective Service registration for male applicants born after 12/31/59. For more information click here .
- View common definitions of terms found in this announcement.
See job announcement on USAJOBS for complete details. Partial information provided above.