Fall 2021 Marketing Co-op
What to Expect in our Co-op Program:
Expand your technical and professional skills in a real-world setting. Emerson co-ops are given meaningful work, support, and mentorship from experienced managers and key business leaders. There is the potential to gain knowledge and experience in a variety of ways by exploring opportunities associated with your major and rotating through multiple departments.
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, flexible dress code policy, and paid holidays
- Housing stipends for eligible students and a list of nearby housing options for relocation
- Access to our newly renovated fitness center, workout classes, and wellness program
- Event opportunities through our social and professional development co-op committees
Our co-ops are a key talent pipeline for full-time employment opportunities after graduation at our many locations.
The Marketing Co-ops will have the opportunity to support different groups within Emerson. The students will work with Sales and Marketing teams to support not only their managers, but aftermarket customers, customer relationship management, and department marketing activities related to research and product launches as well. Their responsibilities may involve cross functional team interactions with professional members of Product Management, Application Engineering, Sales, Marketing, and the Global Service Center.
AS A CO-OP MARKETING YOU WILL:
- Conduct market research and surveys
- Create reports, analyze data, and interpret results for management
- Assist in developing, evaluating, implementing, updating and maintaining various department websites, tools, programs and processes.
- Support event management (trade shows, webinars, etc.)
- Attend and participate in meetings and carry out designated action items
- Support projects and manage time for multiple assignments
One of Emerson’s core values is: Support our People.
Employee development is a top priority for Emerson. Employees receive opportunities for professional development, further education, training and individual career development. Emerson encourages both lateral and vertical movement within the company.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, or a related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM) during the scheduled semester.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Undergraduate student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Analytics, or Engineering with a Business Interest/Minor.
- Strongly prefer a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Sophomore or higher class status preferred
- Strong oral and written communications skills, analytical and decision making skills, and PC skills including Microsoft Office.
- Strong project and data organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Must have ability to work in a team setting and ability to utilize other web-based programs (i.e.: surveys, internal communication sites, etc.)