Temporary Court Clerk, Hennepin County, Criminal Division II Brookdale
Hennepin County District Court invites qualified applicants for one Temporary Court Clerk position in the Criminal Division. This position is temporary and will last six months from hire, with the possibility of extension depending on business need. Expected starting salary is $15.10 per hour.
This AFSCME-represented position is classified as a Court Clerk, with a working title of Court Clerk. Typical hours for this position are 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, with some flexibility based on business needs. Criminal Division II Brookdale is located in Brooklyn Center, MN at 6125 Shingle Creek Pkwy, Suite 200 (first floor). This position may work both onsite and remotely due to the pandemic, which may change based on assignments and/or business need.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch offers a comprehensive benefits package. To learn more about benefits, click here.
Example of Duties
- Process criminal history record checks for the general public as well as partnering justice agencies.
- Process warrants purged from the Hennepin County Sheriff's warrants division following established criteria.
- Process formal complaints, tab charges, and citations either electronically through case management workflow queues and/or by paper copy.
- Coordinate case initiation between the Integrated Hennepin Justice partering agencies via the interagency indexing system (SILS).
- Handle financial processing including taking payments.
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting and communicating with court users in a professional, courteous, and respectful manner to ensure the customer's needs are effectively met in-person, over the phone, or through electronic means.
- Schedule cases for hearings, issue and process summons notices, receive and process summons return correspondence.
- Create files for felony, gross misdemeanor, and misdemeanor case types, and check same for compelteness and appropriate information.
- Provide office support to team members.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of recent experience in a highly technical administrative position (for example: court clerk, legal assistant, medical billing specialist).
- OR equivalent education and experience.
- As this position may work partially remotely, access to reliable internet connection is required during this time.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to type 35-40 words per minute.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population and build and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to sit or stand and use a computer and/or related equipment for extended periods of time, and occasionally lift or push up to 20 pounds.
- Ability to provide a level of customer service that meets/exceeds customer expectation and satisfaction while complying with court policies and procedures.
- Ability to professionally exhibit cultural sensitivity, patience, and understanding in the course of work duties.
- Ability to work in an inclusive, multicultural environment that values diversity and relationships.
- Experience providing exceptional customer service in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Experience processing financial payments.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch (MJB) is committed to providing fair and equal access to justice. If you share this same commitment, desire a meaningful career serving the public, and want the opportunity to make a difference for your community, consider a career with us. We celebrate and are committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, and actively seek and encourage applications from persons with diverse backgrounds and characteristics. Minnesota Judicial Branch employees consistently express pride in their public service and in the quality of programs and services provided to customers, as well as appreciation for the teamwork and collaboration that is promoted within the MJB. To learn more about working for the Minnesota Judicial Branch, watch this video.
Instructions for Applying:
Please complete your application for this position online.
This AFSCME-represented position is posted for bidding, internal, and external application simultaneously and will be filled in accordance with the AFSCME contract.
All employment offers are contingent upon satisfactory results of a criminal background check. An employment offer may be rescinded if the background check identifies job-related convictions.
Please contact Human Resources with questions regarding this posting via email: 4thRecruitment@courts.state.mn.us; or phone: 612-348-2298.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding employment are made without discrimination on the basis of disability. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation for a disability to participate in the employee selection process by contacting Human Resources via email: 4th.Human.Resources@courts.state.mn.us.
The Minnesota Judicial Branch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the Minnesota Judicial Branch that all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotions, and other terms and conditions of employment be made without discrimination on the grounds of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age. We value and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds.