Plans and controls all real estate activities within an assigned territory, typically multi-state. Ensures the optimal utilization of corporate assets and maximizes the return on those assets. Travels within assigned territory as necessary and acts as a service provider to internal and external customers.
- Supports the negotiation and execution of land sales and leases, private grade crossings and utility licenses to outside parties.
- Optimizes the utility and profitability of NS-owned real estate assets by assisting in the sale, lease, and/or license of these assets.
- Facilitates the acquisition of properties required by the corporation to expand its operational capabilities.
- Maintains frequent contact with developers, brokers, appraisers and governmental agencies, all of which may have an impact in establishing the value of NS owned real estate assets.
- Inspects property on a routine basis to assist in the determination of fair market value, for safety purposes and to ensure contractual compliance.
- Takes the necessary steps to ensure that the processing of all transactions is in accordance with the Internal Compendium of Controls.
Job Related Experience:
Minimum Level: Not specified Preferred Level: Not specified
Preferred Level: Bachelor's Degree
Licenses / Certifications: Required: None listed Preferred: None listed
- MS Word/Word Processing
- MS Excel/Spreadsheets
- MS Powerpoint/Presentations
Skills and Abilities:
- Communication Skills
- Build Collaborative Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Time Management
- Property Manager
Shift Work: No
Weekend Work: No
Travel Required: 6 - 10 Days per Month,