Summer Intern - Information Security - Req 21730
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
Are you ready to join the industry leader? State Farm is looking to add a group of rockstar students to our Summer 2022 Information Security Internship Program!
This program will offer you real-world experience in an Information Security environment. Whether it be working directly on assignments with our Pen Test Team, our Cyber Security Defense Center, or working to build our Security Infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to influence change and help us deliver on our mission to protect State Farm and its policyholders. As a top Fortune 50 company, we hire the best - we cannot wait for you to join our team!
What You Can Expect:
- Our internship will take place May 23 – August 5, 2022
- Selected interns will work approx. 38.75 hours/week
- Internship Location: selected interns will be assigned to either our Corporate Headquarters in Bloomington, IL, or our Richardson, TX office (in Dallas area)
- Hybrid work environment – selected interns will be expected to spend time working both from the assigned location (Richardson or Bloomington) and from home
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive pay and a relaxed dress code
- Direct experience you can leverage for your future career
- An opportunity to learn and network with industry-leading influencers
- A Learning Environment: Mentoring and Development to help you succeed
- We love to give back! Being involved in volunteer opportunities to give back to the community
- A culture that embraces Diversity and Inclusion - it is simply the right thing to do!
We Are Looking For The Following:
- Current Freshmen, Sophomores, and Juniors majoring in Cyber Security, Computer Science, Information Systems/IT, or an equivalent program of study
- 3.0 or above GPA preferred
- Experience with Java and/or Python
- Drive and initiative to lead and affect positive change
- Ability to thrive in a team environment
- A can-do attitude, and someone who loves to have a bit of fun!
Due to an anticipated high volume of applicants, the posting is not expected to be open for an extended period of time. It is important for those who are interested in the internship to get their applications in early.
*Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.*